Etiquette & Policies
- Come to class at least 10 minute early. Be prepared to start on time.
- Please no perfumes! Many students are very sensitive to strong scents.
- Turn off cell phones.
- Wear comfortable, non-constricting clothing, but nothing really baggy, as this obscures alignment. Avoid bulky jewelry. Have clean bare feet.
- Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach. Wait a few hours after a heavy meal, or an hour after a light meal before practicing yoga.
- Drink plenty of water before and after class.
- Most people will not need extra water during classes. Drinking water during practice actually cools down the “fiery energy” we need to work well in the poses.
- For safety issues, please leave water bottles in the entry room or the back room.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis. You are considered registered when you have paid.
- You may register at anytime during the session for classes that have space.
- Drop-ins are welcome most classes! If you are new to Anacostia Yogi, please contact me
Make up Classes
- You may make up classes any time during the session that you are registered for. Make ups don’t carry over to another session except in the case of extended illness or injury.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- No refunds after the second full week of class. Credits toward another session can be given in case of extended illness or injury.
Thank you for following these policies!
To be fair to all, please don’t ask for exceptions to these policies. Thank you for your understanding. If you have questions or concerns about any of these policies, please feel free to call or
email Sari or call