Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Free Kukuwa Dance Demonstration in Georgetown

The first time I saw African Soukous dancing, I was mesmerized by the way the ladies isolated their hips and rotated their bodies like pinwheels, all the while looking cute and sexy.


I immediately went home and stood in front of the mirror demanding that my booty move just like the ladies on stage. As you can imagine, my booty just stared back at me and we both agreed to just leave "booty rotation" to the professionals. Then I discovered the Kukuwa Dance Workout method.

The Kukuwa Dance Workout combines Caribbean rhythms, African Dance, Salsa and Hip-hop. I took a class with Fatima Senghore, who explained the mystifying booty shaking technique step by step.

After awhile, I could suddenly do amazing things with my derriere that made me (and my boyfriend) very happy!

If you want to learn the ancient art of Congo Booty Shaking, Fatima will teach a Kukuwa workshop at the Joy of Motion Atlas theater on H Street and offer a free demonstration at the Georgetown Safeway this Saturday, August 20, 2011 from 10am-10:30am.

Georgetown Safeway requires you to reserve a spot by emailing georgetownsafeway@gmail.com by Thursday, August 18th.

Can’t make the free demonstration at Georgetown Safeway? Join Fatima Tuesdays 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at JOMDC Bethesda and Saturdays 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. at JOMDC Atlas for Kukuwa Dance Workout® drop-in classes. Click here to register.

No comments: