Friday, December 10, 2010

15-15 Holiday Health Challenge

The 15-15 challenge is something I conjured up for myself 5 years ago to maintain a healthy balance during the holidays. 15 minutes of exercise for 15 days leading up to Christmas.



Every year starting Dec 10-Dec 24, 2010, I carve out 15 minutes of EVERY DAY to do some form of movement. Whether it is the treadmill, power walking to the bus-stop, a podcast yoga class, spin, pilates tapes, or just good ole' floor calisthenics, I commit to exercise for at least 15 minutes. There are no excuses why you shouldn't give your body 15 minutes.



This may sound like overkill for the couch potatoes but this is just a little spark to light the exercise potential for the 2011 New Year. At the end of the 2 weeks, I feel more motivated, less guilty about eating, and even more at ease about the holiday madness.




The best part about it is, there's no burnout. You can still build 15-15 into your regular workout. If you miss a day, no big deal, but don't double up. Just keep steady on the 15 minutes and I guarantee that the holiday ham and heft won't stand a chance!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: