Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New in Takoma Park! Princess Mhoon Dance Institute

I stumbled upon a little jewel in Takoma Park, The Princess Moon Dance Institute on Willow Street NW.


The Princess Moon Dance Studio founder and leader is Princess Mhoon Cooper, a professionally and internationally trained dancer and choreographer.


I blindly signed up for the Alvin Ailey 2 Dance Master Workshop. Somehow, I happened to overlook the word "Master" and thought I could hang. Well, I couldn't.


Expert Solomon Dumas taught us choreography from the classic "Revelations". The performance was full of plies, high kicks and spins leaving me feeling dizzy and dumb for even trying.

You still have two more days to be among the dancing elite. It is well worth the money to see top notch Alvin Ailey dancers up close and personal. Look out for the next workshop at Princess Moon Dance Institute with Janet Jackson and Beyonce's choreographer.

Princess Moon Dance Institute
6925 Willow Street, NW First Floor
Washington, DC 20012
RSVP @ admin@princessmhoondance.com
princess@princessmhoondance.com
202-722-0858

No comments: