Sunday, May 23, 2010

Springtime Recap and Summertime Awaits!


Right now it seems that DC is ripe with activities related to health and wellness. The new bike lanes on Pennsylvania Avenue served as a refreshing change as I celebrated Bike to Work Day on May 21, 2010.

My favorite yoga studio owner, and a super ambitious woman, Faith Hunter appeared on the cover of Yoga Journal's May 2010 Issue. (Check out another studio owned by a sis named Dana Smith called Spiritual Essence Yoga in Upper Marlboro, MD.)

To top April off, we celebrated Earth Day with a Climate Rally on the National Mall with The Roots, John Legend, Jimmy Cliff and Sting. Washington CityPaper has some awesome photos here.

Like most novice bloggers, I have been so busy going to events, I haven't had time to blog about them.

I am anxious to attend the unveiling of Southeast's first organic grocery store, Yes Organic in Fairlawn! This is within 5 minutes of my home in Hillcrest so I am especially excited to support this awesome addition.

While it is fantastic to see YES! Organic, lets not forget our local Word 8 Farmer's Market at the Old Congress Heights School parking lot (at MLK and Alabama Ave, SE)
Saturdays 9AM - 2PM. Call 202-561-8204 email ward8fm@gmail.com for more info.

Summers in DC are among the best and we know Southeast is one of the most beautiful places to enjoy what DC has to offer. Let's hope I can still find time to blog about it!

No comments: